When my husband came home, I think he ate like 4 last night!! We won't say how many I ate, because as the cook, you know you have to taste it when it comes out of the oven, taste the filling, taste the frosting and taste the finished product. Oh, you don't? That's just me you say? oh my! lol
This is just something I had rolling around in my head that I put into action. A wonderfully light creamy buttery cupcake, filled with homemade lemon pudding and topped with a light cream cheese frosting and not to overkill it but decorated with a slice of fresh kiwi!! The flavors just all flowed together so nicely!!! Trust me, they do.
The best ever cupcake batter!!
3/4 cup butter
2 1/2 cups cake flour
2 1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1 3/4 cup sugar
1 1/2 tsp vanilla
1 1/4 cups milk (I use half water and half evaporate milk)
- Allow the butter and eggs to come to room temperature. This is important.
- In a large bowl mix your dry ingredients and set aside.
- In a bowl add your butter, eggs and vanilla. Add in the sugar. Beat until creamy.
- Alternate stirring in milk and flour into the creamy mixture.
- Place liners in a cupcake pan and preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes depending on your oven.
- Makes 24
Scoop out the top of the cupcakes, put a tsp of lemon pudding inside, place the top back on and frost with cream cheese frosting. Next slice a fresh ripe kiwi and place on top of each cupcake.
This recipe was shared at Feeding Big and at FFF link party